So you have purchased your new home in Pittsburgh from Parry Custom Homes and are all set to move in- congrats! We all know that moving can bring a lot of stress and chaos as you move from one place to another. Since all homebuyers deal with the same issues in moving, Parry Custom Homes has developed an easy “top seven” list of things to do in the first 24 hours of moving into your new Parry home. Follow these simple rules and you’ll be ready to take on your move.
- Document your belongings. This may sound boring, but for your homeowners insurance and your peace of mind, now is a good time to record your valuables that are in the house for worst-case scenario purposes.
- Do a quick cleaning. Even though you might be moving into a brand new home, dust or construction debris might still be looming among certain areas of the home. Before you move your furniture in, do a clean sweep of your home and get out the vacuum to clean up any extra dust that may be sitting in the house.
- Pull together all of your furniture and put it where it is supposed to go. The best place to start is with the furniture that needs to be assembled. Then, put it in a rough location of where you plan for it to be located. The actual positioning and decorating can wait, but this way everything can have a place in your home.
- Put all of the boxes in the right rooms. You don’t have to unpack the boxes, just make sure they go into the room they belong in so in the following days (or weeks) you can unpack everything room by room.
- Take out and arrange your daily necessity items you will need right away. Things like your toothbrush, towels, coffee maker, and so on. This will save you from digging in boxes late at night, yet again.
- One of the most important things to do in the first 24 hours is to put together and make your bed! This way, at the end of the day when you’re spent from moving, you can just fall into bed and not have to worry about putting it together.
- Lastly, if and when you come across your new neighbors, introduce yourself! It’s always good to establish friendly terms early on.
These seven tips will help make the first 24 hours in your new home a much more peaceful and less chaotic transition! After all, you have a beautiful new home to enjoy!
Parry Custom Homes is an established homebuilder in the Pittsburgh area. Call or contact us today for more information about this floor plan option, or to view other homes in our portfolio that may suit your new home needs.